Growing Alongside Our Community
While the approaches and philosophies may have changed over the years, our basic premise has remained the same – support for people and families in their community to help them achieve a better life. We're proud of our history and how we've grown to what we are today.
After a year, the need for more space forced a move. The Association approached the City of Windsor,which offered a house at 1304 Church Street for an annual rental fee of $1. In 1954, the children’s program with 35 students moved to the home and named it Churchwood.
By 1958, the Churchwood program had more than doubled its size. A $50,000 cost-matching donation from The City of Windsor and surrounding municipalities permitted the Association to build a new
Today our supports continue to evolve. While the approaches and philosophies may have changed over the years, the basic premise has remained the same– support for people and families in their community to help them achieve a better life, as it was in 1952.
THROUGH THE YEARS