Windsor-Essex is in grey/lockdown level as a result of COVID-19 cases and trends in the region. Accordingly, the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services has instructed Community Living Windsor to move to the Outbreak/Comprehensive level of precaution.
The Government of Ontario has also declared a State of Emergency and issued a Stay-at-Home Order, effective January 13, 2020, at midnight.
Visits to 24-hour Supported Homes
- Community Living Windsor Visitation Policy (updated December 23, 2020 – latest changes highlighted)
- Memo re: Important Changes to Visitor Procedures (December 16, 2020)
This letter from our Operations Director (November 23) explains some of the key components that factor into decision-making re: visitation.
This clarification document seeks to be as transparent as possible with all the prevailing factors that influence Community Living Windsor’s visitation policies. It describes what factors exist in the context of each situation, the Ministry guidance provided, and the resulting impact on our procedures.
Information for People and Families Supported by our Family Support Team
Please review this important message from Sue, John & Damir (March 17) regarding weekly invoices and cheque retrieval.
- Self-Screening for Independent Contractors Prior to Entering Homes (March 20, 2020)
COVID-19 Information & Resources for People We Support
- Video: How to Keep Yourself & Others Safe from COVID-19
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information & Other Resources
- Information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus): a social story
- Information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (from People First Canada)
- Information about Recent Changes at CLW Because of COVID-19 (March 17, 2020)
Virtual Activities & Staying Connected
- Socially Distancing Together – CLW Online Activity Calendar (through January 23)
- Online Activities in our Community and Beyond
Important External Resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
- Guidance for Better Mental Health during Pandemic