Work To Support Your Community
Community Living Windsor provides a wide range of supports and services to over 600 people who have an intellectual disability, and their families, in our Windsor community.
Given the diversity of supports provided, opportunities for qualified applicants are available in a number of areas. Community Living Windsor offers competitive wages, staff training and opportunities to improve work-related skills.
Candidates for employment must be mature and caring people. You must also demonstrate sound judgment and communicate with sensitivity and respect.
Learn more about our posting for Direct Support Professionals.
What is a Direct Support Professional?
Direct support professionals (DSPs) are people who work directly with people with physical disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities with the aim of assisting the individual to become an integral part of his/her community.
What does it mean to “support” someone?:
- Develop a rapport and an understanding of the person including their personality and communication style.
- Assist the individual to discover their talents and gifts, and to pursue opportunities to share these to the benefit of others.
- Assists with activities of daily living if needed.
- Assist the individual to communicate their needs and to be a self-advocate.
- If necessary, act as an advocate for the individual, in communicating their needs, self-expression and goals.
- Assists the individual to lead a self-directed life and contribute to the community.
- Encourages attitudes and behaviors that enhance community inclusion.
- Provide supports to the individual at home, work, school, church, and other community places.
- Each person has their own unique goals and will need their own unique support.
- Supports are developed in partnership with family and friends who are encouraged to assist in planning and identifying lifestyle and personal support needs.
Community Living Windsor offers:
- Competitive wages,
- Staff training and
- Opportunities to improve work-related skills.
Click here to view a story of one Direct Support Professional who brings many Core Competencies to the position.
If you are interested in a career with Community Living Windsor, we want to hear from you!
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Learning & Development
Community Living Windsor
7025 Enterprise Way Windsor, ON N8T 3N6
CLW is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. CLW offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Windsor but please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.