Now Hiring for Casual Direct Support Professional
Are you looking to make a meaningful difference in someone's life? We're currently recruiting mature and caring people to join our passionate team of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). Community Living Windsor DSPs work directly with people with an intellectual disability,
with the goal of assisting people to become an integral part of the community. Community Living Windsor is dedicated to supporting people who have an intellectual disability and their families, as they pursue possibilities, make choices and achieve the life they want.
Why This Job is For you!
- You thrive in an environments that offers exciting new challenges and variety day to day.
- You take pride in discovering, understanding and elevating people’s voices and advocating according to their wants and needs
- You have a positive energy and outlook
What the Job Offers!
- Learning, development and free training
- Flexible hours (possible additional hours if interested)
- Competitive wage
- Growth and opportunity of advancement within the organization
$21.19/hour (90% while on probation)
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and decision making skills
- Negative Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance
- Valid Ontario Drivers License (minimum G2)
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Available to work overnight shifts, weekends and statutory holidays
- Provide personal support to increase independence and quality of life
- Demonstrate patience, understanding and compassion
- Relevant personal or work experience
- Creative and intuitive communication skills
- Capacity to keep calm and composed in different situations
- Passion to build strong relationships and help others succeed in the community
- High emotional intelligence and people skills
CLW is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. CLW offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
To keep staff and people who receive support safe, appropriate safety measures and precautions are being taken seriously and proper PPE is provided to all staff daily.
Apply today to Jessica Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org