Dedicated To Supporting People
Community Living Windsor is dedicated to supporting people who have an intellectual disability and their families as they pursue possibilities, make choices and achieve the life they want.
As a not-for-profit charitable organization founded in 1953 by families, Community Living Windsor is guided and committed to its core values:
Commitment to People and their Families
- Being honest
- Using respectful words
- Listening to you and valuing your opinions
- Honouring the trust you place in us
- Supporting the freedom to make choices and taking responsibility for them
- Actively working to create opportunities for independence for people
- Actively supporting new possibilities for people that lead to a better life
- Being progressive and innovative
- Searching for ways to overcome barriers
- Facilitating solutions for people and families
- Working to increase access to the resources that all citizens have
- Demonstrating a culture that is respectful of people, families, staff and volunteers
- Demonstrating responsive leadership
- Valuing partnerships
- Being a positive and caring role model
- Creating new opportunities for building an inclusive community
Community Living Windsor is committed to being an organization that actively works to create a community of full inclusion and promotes full independence for people by:
- providing supports and services to people not programs;
- ensuring that people independently plan and direct their lives;
- advocating for and supporting people to have individualized funding, support networks and microboards; and
- building relationships and partnerships with our community.
- Focuses on community, partnerships and staff development.
Life Long Learning
- Embracing change and challenges
- Seeking opportunities to gain new knowledge and skills
- Investment in employees from hiring and orientation to retirement
- Working together to achieve our vision
Our Community Vision:
Where everyone belongs and has support within their community to achieve a better life.
A Word from Jennifer ...
Hi! I'm Jennifer Pestrin, the Operations Director at Community Living Windsor. We are an organization that is all about people and we are dedicated to an approach that demonstrates our commitment to people, families, staff and volunteers. We also appreciate and embrace the responsibilities we have in contributing to and creating a welcoming and rich Windsor community, respectful of everyone.